Monday, January 5, 2009

First orders of business

Hey. Just to let you know, this blog probably isn't worth your time to read. I doubt I'll post in it very often, and most longform stuff I write will be posted at Cave 17, or elsewhere, such as this piece about Georgia Anne Muldrow's song "New Orleans". That one is worth your time.

I also have lists I made of my 20 favorite albums and singles of 2008, the former of which (in slightly different form) was contributed to Cave 17's top 25 albums of '08.

The albums:

1. Erykah Badu, New Amerykah Part 1 (4th World War)
2. Solange, Sol-Angel and the Hadley St. Dreams
3. The Foreign Exchange, Leave It All Behind
4. Kelley Polar, I Need You to Hold on While the Sky Is Falling
5. Calle 13, Los de Atrás Vienen Conmigo
6. The Bug, London Zoo
7. The-Dream, Love Me All Summer, Hate Me All Winter
8. Robin Thicke, Something Else
9. Portishead, Third
10. Nappy Roots, The Humdinger
11. Hercules & Love Affair, Hercules & Love Affair
12. Matmos, Supreme Balloon
13. Vampire Weekend, Vampire Weekend
14. Ne-Yo, Year of the Gentleman
15. T.I., Paper Trail
16. Sébastien Tellier, Sexuality
17. LaBelle, Back to Now
18. J*Davey, The Beauty in Distortion/The Land of the Lost
19. T-Pain, Thr33 Ringz
20. Esperanza Spalding, Esperanza

And singles:

1. The Juan MacLean, "Happy House"
2. Lil Wayne, "A Milli"
3. Crazy Cousinz, "Bongo Jam" (f/ Calista)
4. Solange, "I Decided"
5. Grind Mode, "I'm So High"
6. Hercules & Love Affair, "Blind" (Frankie Knuckles Remix)
7. Young Jeezy, "Put On" (f/ Kanye West)
8. Hood Headlinaz, "Rollin'" (f/ Jackie Chain & Jhi-Ali)
9. Janet Jackson, "Rock With U"
10. Portishead, "Machine Gun"
11. The Roots, "75 Bars (Black's Reconstruction)"
12. Kanye West, "Love Lockdown"
13. Jazmine Sullivan, "Need U Bad"
14. Le Le, "Breakfast"
15. Ne-Yo, "Closer"
16. Lloyd, "Girls Around the World" (f/ Lil Wayne)
17. Wisin y Yandel, "Siguelo"
18. The Bug, "Skeng" (f/ Killa P & Flowdan)
19. T.I., "Live Your Life" (f/ Rihanna)
20. Wiley, "Wearing My Rolex"

No comments:

Post a Comment